The new MEL 80 Excimer Laser for advanced eye surgery
Made by Carl Zeiss Meditec, this is one of the newest lasers in the country. It has been used for the last 2 years overseas with excellent safety and efficacy. We believe it offers the best overall "laser package" currently available anywhere.
The new MEL80 LASER was installed at the Wellington eye Centre in October 2005. This is one of the most sophisticated refractive lasers currently available for performing laser eye surgery.
The MEL 80 is Carl Zeiss' new, ultra-fast, ultra-precise refractive excimer laser. Featuring advanced eye tracking, a tiny Gaussian spot laser beam and optional wavefront guided treatments, the MEL 80 allows surgeons to achieve the best patient outcomes yet.
Features of the MEL 80 include:
- 250hz laser and eye tracker
- Iris recognition to avoid misalignment and torsional errors
- ASA treatment profile to reduce spherical aberration and night vision problems
- TSA treatment profile for less tissue removal
- Highest resolution abberometer on the market for customised laser treatment
- The exceptionally fast MEL 80's short ablation time reduces procedure time for greater patient comfort
- Shortened stroma exposure time means faster visual recovery and better predictability
- Very small 0.7 mm spot permits the finest corrections without losing the benefits of smooth ablation
- Two specially optimized ablation profiles to choose from help you produce excellent results
- An active eye tracker with excellent feedback times and an ultrarapid IR camera catching both pupil and limbus provides exact positioning during the laser treatment